Sunday, May 10, 2009

Special Days and Special People

Grandpa Ottesen's Wedding Day
Not many people have the privilege of witnessing their grandpa get married. We did. My Grandma (whom we called Dewey) passed away three years ago last March. Grandma was a very active lively woman so when she had her stroke you could say we were all a bit in shock. We all have missed her dearly especially my Grandpa. My grandma's sister, Aunt Mary, introduced my Grandpa to Margaret (Mary's best friend from high school) and they have been dating for the last year. Grandpa proposed to Margaret on New Years Day and they were married for time in the Provo Temple on April 25, 2009. It was such a special time for our families to be together. To watch Grandpa and Margaret walk into the sealing room holding hands with big grins on their faces you couldn't help but know that they would be happy for the rest of their time together. The sealer understood that it was a difficult but happy day for our family. He said that this was a "bonus" love and that it wouldn't take away from either the love they had for their first wife/husband. I am so glad that Grandpa is happy and has found such a wonderful person as Margaret.

The Happy Couple



Mom, Grandpa, and Margaret


















Ben , Dad, Ben T., and James (where is Dan???)



Brooklyn's New Friends
Growing up in Wapiti my mom would read "Little House on the Prarie" to us for a bed time story. We loved it especially because it had all girls and so did we. One day "Little House on the Prarie" was on tv and Brooklyn wanted to watch it. I new what it was about from reading the books, so I said sure. Well Brooklyn is like me, we hate scary parts in movies! I am a big chicken. When it comes to intense or even a little scary part of a movie, I leave. (poor Ben has seen more than his share of chick flicks) Back to Brooklyn, as she was watching there came a part where the Indians attacked. Guess who was hiding in the kitchen? Yup. She went back and forth in and out of the kitchen for the rest of the movie. That night she had a nightmare that the Indians came and took her and wouldn't let her see me. I was feeling so bad so I tried to explain that Indians now days don't do that and that it was just a movie. To try to make her feel better I wanted her to know that Indians are our friends. When my mom was growing up they had lots of Indian foster children and one girl named Frankie just became part of the family. So I told her that Chicky Babe had an Indian sister and she would get to see her at Grandpas wedding. This made her nervous. She wasn't so sure she wanted to go anymore since Frankie and Lisa Marie (Frankie's daughter who is my age)would be staying at my parents house with us. When we got there and reaquainted Brooklyn with Frankie and Lisa Marie she was feeling much better about sleeping under the same roof. I'm glad that Frankie could laugh about it and be the "Indian" Aunt Brooklyn never knew she had!

Brooklyn, Lisa Marie, and Frankie


Here is a cute picture of Candace and her adoring big sisters. They are sharing because they were fighting over who got to hold her. Candace is 3 weeks old in that picture.

I had to put this one on because I thought it was too cute. Ben set her down to help Alex with something and she snuggled right in.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a sweet story...the pictures are so cute!

Dan & Heidi Goodrich said...

Where was Dan? Who knows. Well we are so excited for d land. We love you tons!!

The Leithead Family said...

Little kids are so funny! And your little girls are especially cute!