Friday, May 1, 2009

Hats off to Heidi

Hats off to Heidi
I don't think that anyone has a better sister than I do. My sister Heidi came to help me after I had Candace for a whole week. To some this may seem like no biggie but let me tell you she was a lifesaver! You all know that I am a bit bossy (I get it from Grandma Fillerup) and I don't function well when I don't get sleep (we drank lots of Diet Cherry Pepsi and Dr. Pepper). Don't worry she was well aware of these flaws before she came, after all she did share a bathroom with me growing up :) I wish I could say that growing up we never fought but that would be far from the truth. But I am so glad to say that now she is one of my very best friends. I usually don't go a week without a phone call or text. (this may seem long to some people but in my family, no news is good news) I don't know if I can ever thank her enough but let me tell you all the things I love about Heidi.
Things I love about my Heidi Sister: (in no particular order)
1. She can pull off sparkly shoes in Cody, WY. She has great style.
2. Her willingness to put other people first.
3. She is a great mother to Tagg and I know that if she has twins next she will be able to handle it.
4. She is very spiritual and isn't afraid to stand up for what she believes.
5. She can go with the flow... a last minute change doesn't phase her. (something that we all got used to from my dad)
6. Heidi is a great cook and according to Alex she makes better sandwiches than I do!
7. She can join in any group and make new friends.
8. She will cry with you over your sorrows and be happy for you over your greatest moments.
9. She can look for the best in any situation. I need to do that more often.
10. She is a great listener and keeps me from many "open mouth insert foot" moments.
Thanks Heidi, I love you the most!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a sweet post! Sisters are great aren't they?? I'm so glad she was able to help you out! Hope Candace is all better and that you all are doing well!!

Dan & Heidi Goodrich said...

Bo, you are to nice! Thank you for saying such nice things about me. We miss you guys tons already. I am sure Candice has change a ton since we left. Oh, and the secret to my sandwiches is to make them look ungly by not knowing how to use your sandwich cutter. (wink, wink.)

Julander Family said...

I diddo this post about Heidi, I love that girl and wish I had some of those qualities that you are talking about. What a sweetheart.