Monday, March 23, 2009

Our First Day of SPRING
We had a great first day of spring. It was a beautiful 65 degree day and we took full advantage. We suprised Brooklyn after school for a bike ride in town (big deal for us because gravel roads just aren't as easy to ride on). Brooklyn is a great bike rider and learned last year thanks to some help from Tashie. (Brooklyn was sure that Ben and I had no idea what we were doing because we had never trained a kid before) I was a little nervous because out here they don't have to really look out for cars but they did great and listened really well. Alex was a litte cautious and stayed pretty close because it was her first time on a bigger bike. We recruited Gretchen and Owen to come with us and I think Owen was feeling a little jipped he had to ride in the stroller but other than that he did everything the big girls did...even the tall scary slide at Sugar factory park! That kid has no fear I tell ya. I am so glad that we were able to have a little sunshine after being cooped up for so long, hopefully summer will come soon so we can do this all the time!

4 comments:

Brandee Walker said...

I am so jelous I miss being right there and having someone to do that fun stuff with and Taycee really misses the girls! She asks about moving back all the time. We sure love ya!

The Edwards said...

Love the sunglasses...so stinkin' cute! Thanks for coming and playing today. It was so fun. We love you guys!

Lundberg Family said...

Ok, so I love the new bikes. However it sounds like I didn't trust you and Ben to teach Brooklyn how to ride! Haha. Thanks for being such good neighbors and friends! Getting excited for the baby!

Lundberg Family said...

Ha! You didn't have to change that! I was probably the only one that thought that. We too are looking forward to some warm weather and outside play! I will try to remind my two youngest to knock on your door and wait...not to enter or open it. I am sure they need a refresher!