Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Miss Candace Carol

Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 7:00 am

Kissing the Belly good-bye






Candace Carol Walker

6 lbs 14 oz

20.5 in





big Sisters







First Family Photo



We are all doing great, a little tired, but great.






Sister Snuggles





Brooklyn giving Candace "cool chick" lessons.











Easter Sunday




I just want you all to know that I had great intentions. We brought the laptop to the hospital thinking that we would post pictures ASAP... well one week later and you are just getting them. Our priorities changed a bit....
So here's Candaces story: Ben and I left at 7 am, and headed to the hospital for a scheduled induction at 8 am. As we were pulling into Cody the hospital calls and says that they are at full capacity and can't admit me until someone checks out. BAD NEWS! They asked us if there was something we could do in Cody for a while and they could just give us a call. Yeah, when you are coming to have a baby you pretty much leave your Wal-Mart list at home!! So we headed to Wal-Mart just for something to do and ended up $50 poorer. Around 9 am I called the hospital just to check in and see where they were at. They said to come in and they would put us in an observation room? We didn't know what to expect but they said that if we were there we would get priority over someone who came in after us, so off to the hospital we head, glad they weren't sending us home. We got there and took us to our room, we got all the paper work done, talked to our anesthesiologist about what medicne I wanted, hooked up my IV and pretty much moved in. Around 11 am someone checked out so they were able to admit me. We had the most awesome nurse in the world who took good care of us, yes I say us because she took good care of Ben too! They had a fridge stocked with sandwiches for all those hungry Dads and she made sure he ate so he didn't pass out. They started me on pitt just before Noon and shortly after Dr. Williams showed up to break my water and that's when the pain started! I tough girled it out for a while then said mercy and got a spinal and epidural (just in case I had a long labor). Much better!! I'm not sure on the timing of everything but Candace was born at 2:47 pm. She is healthy and perfect, what more could a mother ask for? It always amazes me the miracle of birth. I got to hold her right after and snuggle her and tell her that we have been waiting 4 long years for her. I love being a mother and am amazed that God has granted me the honor of raising 3 of his daughters, I feel so blessed. We all are in love with our baby Candace and can't seem to get enough of her. If you stop by to snuggle her you just might have to paper, rock, sissors one of us for a chance!








11 comments:

Greg Becky said...

Congrats! Glad you guys are doing well. 3 girls, way fun!

Lindsay said...

She is here, and beautiful!! We are all so excited for you. We can't wait for our little girl. I am glad everything went so well for you! Congrats to you and your sweet family :)

The Edwards said...

Love the post and the pics. We are so happy she is finally here after the long wait. She is GORGEOUS and definitely worth waiting for. Thanks for letting us come meet and snuggle her. We love you guys!

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

She is so sweet! Congratulations! All the pictures are darling with her and her big sisters (the sunglasses were cute)! Happy Belated Easter!

Dan & Heidi Goodrich said...

Okay so I have to admitt that I started tearing up reading your blog. It was so sweet and all those cute pictures of you guys. I expecially loved the ones of Ben and Candace and the sleeping sisters.
Can't wait to see you all....TOMOROW!!!!!

Wendy said...

What a cute family. :) Congratulations.

Lundberg Family said...

She is a sweetheart! Thanks for letting us come over and see her! Remember to let me know if you ever need anything...I'm just next door! Congrats to a beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! She is a cutie!! Looks like you are all doing well! What sweet pictures of all your girls.

Jake and Gretchen said...

I'm pretty sure that Brooklyn needs to give me some cool chick lessons! That is so cute. Beautiful little fam and I love them all dressed up in their easter dresses.

Brett and Desiree said...

Candace is beautiful, just like her sisters & mother; can I just say that you look amazing in the hospital pic? No one is supposed to look that good after giving birth:). Hope you are feeling as well as you look!!

The Leithead Family said...

Congratulations to your family! What a beautiful little girl!