Wednesday, April 22, 2009



Lately I have had a lot of time to myself (middle of the night feedings) to think of all the kind things people have done for us in the last two weeks. I am so truly touched and grateful for every visit, meal, loaf of bread, phone call, baby blankets, big sister presents, taking Alex for the day, email, new outfits for Candace, flowers, cookies and much more. Mostly knowing that people are thinking of us has meant the most. I really don't have the right words to express how I feel but I've got the best friends and family so THANKS EVERYONE for making the first two weeks easier for me!

We have had an exciting first two weeks. We started of with Easter right around the corner which led to a visit from my Dad, Mom and sister Becca (who may never have children after seeing how it affects ones mind). Brooklyn and Alex were so excited to see them even if it was only 2 days. I was glad we got to see them at all because it was last minute that they came. My sister Heidi flew in last Thursday to help out and it has gone by so fast! This last week has gone nothing like we had planned or thought. When my parents came Dad wasn't feeling good and developed a cold while he was here. Don't worry he stayed 4 feet from Candace the whole time but Alex wouldn't leave him alone! So who got the cold? Alex. And who couldn't stay away from Candace? Alex. So who got the cold next? Candace. Yup. Poor Candace has had a miserable week. She started out with a bad infection in her eyes, that started a fever and then cold like symptoms. Dr. C has taken great care of her and we have taken every precaution to make sure it's nothing major. She is doing much better and now weighs in at 7 lbs 13 oz. Hopefully we can stay healthy and are looking forward to some fresh summer air!

5 comments:

Brandee Walker said...

Oh she is getting so big! I am going to have to come for another visit!! Love and miss you guys!

Kimberly said...

Poor baby...that's a rough way to start. :) I'm glad you've gotten so much help and that she's starting to get better! Hope you are doing well, too!

The Edwards said...

Awww...I love the picture of Brooklyn and Candace sleeping. They are too sweet!

Julander Family said...

Hey Bo,
I love the kiss the belly goodbye pic. That is such a cute idea, I'll have to do that the next time around. I'm glad you love your cut! We'll see you next time!!!

Jill said...

Aubrey and Ben what a cute bunch of girls you have! I am glad I finally got to sneak a peak at the babe! She is adorable!!! Congrats! God speed to her recovery and hope it is quick so that you can all start getting a wee bit more sleep-HA--as if that is possible with a tiny baby.